- This event has passed.
Cultural Grant Awards – Application Deadline EXTENDED
Are you a creative artist with Scandinavian roots and interests?
The American Scandinavian Society of New York, Inc., in its mission to enhance awareness and appreciation of Scandinavian culture, helps support the arts in general and Scandinavian and Scandinavian-American artists in particular via its Cultural Grant program. These grants are awarded each spring, in conjunction with our annual meeting in May.
You may be eligible for an American Scandinavian Society Cultural Grant. If so, we would like to hear from you.
In order to be considered you must:
1. Be an artist with ties to at least one of the Scandinavian countries
2. Be actively engaged in creative work to explore/interpret/promote Scandinavian culture
3. Show skill, talent, and aspiration in the chosen field of your art
4. Reside in the Tri State area (NY, NJ, CT)
5. Be present to personally accept the Cultural Grant at our cultural grant award ceremony in New York City, possibly in early fall 2021, or as soon as it is possible and safe to be together again.*
Both performing and non-performing artists can be awarded, and all ages are welcome to apply!
How to apply
1. Download the Cultural Grant Application Form (.doc) and fill it in.
2. Collect your resume, portfolio, e-mail and web address, photos, and any other relevant information.
3. Submit the materials by email: firstname.lastname@example.org (just ask us about transferring large files if you need assistance)
4. Due to COVID-19, we have extended the application deadline. All applications must reach the Cultural Grant Committee by May 1, 2021.*
* Please note: Deadlines are subject to change due to the status of the COVID-19 pandemic. We will always continue to follow local guidelines and do everything possible to keep our members and supporters safe.
See all past award winners on the Cultural Grant Recipients.