Are you a creative artist with Scandinavian roots and interests?
The American Scandinavian Society of New York, Inc., in its mission to enhance awareness and appreciation of Scandinavian culture, helps support the arts in general and Scandinavian and Scandinavian-American artists in particular via its Cultural Grant program. These grants are awarded each spring, in conjunction with our annual meeting in May.
You may be eligible for an American Scandinavian Society Cultural Grant. If so, we would like to hear from you. In order to be considered you must:
- Be an artist with ties to at least one of the Scandinavian countries
- Be actively engaged in creative work to explore/interpret/promote Scandinavian culture
- Show skill, talent, and aspiration in the chosen field of your art
- Reside in the Tri State area (NY, NJ, CT)
- Be present to personally accept the Cultural Grant at our cultural grant award ceremony in May in New York City
Both performing and non-performing artists can be awarded.
How to apply
- Download the Cultural Grant Application Form (.doc) and fill it in.
- Collect your resume, portfolio, e-mail and web address, photos, and any other relevant information.
- Submit the materials by email: firstname.lastname@example.org (just ask us about transferring large files if you need assistance)
- All applications must reach the Cultural Grant Committee by March 10, 2018.
See all past award winners on the Cultural Grant Recipients.