The American Scandinavian Society enthusiastically welcomes your interest and participation in our organization. Membership is open to all who are interested in our mission, programs and activities. Your dues will help our Society carry out its work, and entitle you to discounted admission at many of our events. The purpose of the Society is to promote and strengthen the cultural, educational and intellectual relations between the United Stated and Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden.
Corporate Viking member: $1000
Viking Sponsor: $500
Corporate Sponsor: $250
Society Sponsor: $100
Basic Member: $50
The Society sponsors a variety of programs and receptions with talented Scandinavians, such as:
- Concerts and film presentations
- Art exhibits and tours
- Lectures, book readings and storytelling
- Tours of sites and showrooms that demonstrate Scandinavian influences on daily life and design in America
- Outings such as the Annual Spring Cruise on the Hudson River which brings many Scandinavian groups together
- The Annual Christmas Ball – an evening of fine dining, dancing and music in a lovely setting
By becoming a member, you will receive:
- Purchase tickets to events at special member prices
- 10 % discount on meals at Smörgås Chef at Scandinavia House, New York, upon presenting Membership card
- Invitations to Members-only events
- Invitation to the Annual Meeting and the Cultural Grants Ceremony
- Receive special news and announcements about upcoming events
- Be listed on the donors page (optional): view current donors here
Become a member now
Sign up online right here. If you prefer to sign up by mail, click here to download the application (pdf). Mail your tax-deductible payment to the address listed on the form.
First, please tell us a little about yourself. This information is for your membership card and our records.
Then you will be able to choose one of the 5 membership levels and to complete your registration. You can pay securely by credit card or PayPal.
Note: The total membership fee is fully tax deductible.